You are here
How to Apply: Ed.S. School Administration (K-12 District Leadership)
Under Intended Field of Study on Application choose- EDS School Admin (School Superintendent)
Applications are due by March 1 with notification of decision by April 15. Failure to submit all of the above items in a timely manner can delay your admission decision. We will accept after this date, but seats will be limited.
“Distance Education Students Residing outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states.”
In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Earned bachelor's and master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Hold or be eligible for the Standard License for either Elementary School
Administration and Supervision or Secondary School Administration and Supervision
- Have graduate work and experience commensurate with the student’s objectives
as evaluated by the EDLR faculty.
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Have a graduate grade point average of 3.25 or above with no deficiencies
You must submit the following items along with your Graduate School Application:
- Personal Narrative of professional goals and past experiences
- Documentation of all licenses and certifications held
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who can comment on your potential as a school/district leader
- Verbal & Written GRE scores that must be current within the last five years
- Official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions at Indiana State University. E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper Transcripts should be sent to:
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
PLEASE DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO OUR DEPARTMENT.
THEY MUST GO TO GRADUATE ADMISSIONS.
Students preparing for their central office internship experience are to fill out the Central Office Internship Application.