You are here
Ph.D. - Educational Administration (Specialization in Higher Education Leadership)
Graduates of the program are prepared for administrative leadership positions at public or private, four-year colleges and universities, community colleges, technical schools, and for-profit post-secondary institutions.
MS in SAHE & Ph.D. in HE Program Informational Webinar Uses Chrome or Firefox only.
The distinct features of the program include:
- Cohort-based model for learning.
- Planned/prescripted curriculum that allows students to complete coursework in 21 months (5 semesters).
- Blended distance education delivered program via interactive television and/or the Web augmented by on-campus Friday and Saturday sessions three times per semester.
- Course that are offered in a consistent basis ( Wednesdays when starting program in the fall of odd year or Thursdays if starting program in the fall of an even year).
- Integrated internship experience.
- Serves the working professional although opportunities for on-campus assistantships also available.
- Linkages with large network of alumni for mentoring and support, many of whom have won state and national honors for their work and gone on to serve as presidents, chancellors, and in a range of cabinet level positions.
- Strong commitment to diversity and cultural competence reflected in the backgrounds and skill sets of faculty, students, and curriculum.
- Coursework and dissertation projects that focus on problems of practice.
- Scholarship and grant opportunities available to help you to fund your degree.